- A-B Start from the trailhead at Glenbarrow Car Park and fo- llow the red arrow (and green and blue and orange arrows which are for other- loops)- onto a downhill track. You are also on - the Slieve Bloom Way (- marked with yellow arrows and trekking man). After 200m reach the end of the - downhill track and enter Glenbarrow Wood- s via wooden railings.-
- B-C Continue along this path up rive- r for about 800m passing a- wooden hut on your left. You come to a lar- ge open area by the river where the - stone floor of the valley is exposed. Fo- llow the path up river and- you come to the Clamphole Falls.-
- C-D Follow the path past the waterfa- ll for approximately 800m.-
- D-E The path splits on a bend - the - blue loop follows the path around to the left and uphill and the red - loop follows river bank.
- E-F Continue following the Red arrow- s along river bank for approximately 2km to the ruins of an old mill.-
- F-G Leaving the mill behind, follow - the riverbank for another short distance before turning uphill (left) through newly planted forestry - and - joining forestry road, turn right here.-
- G-H Follow the forestry road for 300m before turning left uphill past ruins of Clear’s old house.-
- H-I This road will take you to the Ridge of Capard. Follow Red arrows to viewing point. From here follow arrows downhill on boardwalk to - Ridge of Capard Carpark. Follow arrows to your left downhill for 100m and the turn right onto forestry road.
- I-J Follow forestry road downhill for 300m veering right at 3-way junction.
- J-K Follow forestry road uphill to a junction with a forestry road (on the Right). Here you turn left onto a narrow downhill boardwalk.
- K-A Descend through coniferous forestry and natural woodland to a forestry road at a barrier. Turn right here, and enjoy the last 200m back to the trailhead at Glenbarrow Carpark.
Ensure that you follow the Red Arrows.