Directions to Cadamstown trailhead
Cadamstown, historically called Ballymacadam, is a small village in County Offaly, Ireland. It lies on the R421 regional road, just north of the Slieve Bloom Mountains. It is about 20 km from Tullamore and 6 km from Kinnitty.
Dempseys pub is usually open in the evenings but unfortunately there is no tea shop in the village at the present time.
- Trailhead 1 – Cadamstown Carpark to Kilcormac ( Grid Ref. N 227 085)
- Trailhead 2 – Kilcormac Riverside Park to Lough Boora Parklands (Grid Ref. N 185 141)
- Trailhead 3 – Lough Boora Parkland to Turraun Wetlands (Grid Ref. N 182 189)
- Trailhead 4 – Turraun Wetlands to Lemanaghan (Grid Ref. N 171 227)
- Trailhead 5 – Lemanaghan (Grid Ref. N 170 270)
These maps are provided courtesy of IrishTrails.ie.
Please observe the Leave no trace principles:
- Plan ahead and prepare
- Be considerate of others
- Respect farm animals and wildlife
- Travel and camp on durable ground
- Leave what you find
- Dispose of waste properly
- Minimise the effects of fire.